What is Metabolic Syndrome?
Metabolic syndrome is a cluster of conditions that can lead to Type 2 Diabetes and heart disease. The good news is that metabolic syndrome may be preventable or reversible by altering your lifestyle.
Are you at risk?
- Do you have a waist circumference greater than 35 inches (for women) or 40 inches (for men)?
- Is your HDL or “good” cholesterol deficient?
- Do you have elevated triglycerides?
- Do you have elevated blood pressure?
- Is your fasting glucose level too high?
If you have 3 of the 5 markers you are at risk for metabolic syndrome.
Get your health under control with the FirstLine Therapy Metabolic Syndrome Program to help you achieve and maintain a healthy body composition with a good muscle-to-fat ratio.
Though weight loss may result, the focus of this program is to prevent and reverse disease.
Supporting Your Success
Lifestyle medicine is a specialized discipline. As providers of FirstLine Therapy, Mitchell Medical Pharmacy staff have undergone an intensive certification process.
Our structured, professional supervision will help you:
- Establish realistic, personalized goals to improve health
- Monitor your progress and stay on track
- Learn how to eat and shop for healthy, nutritious foods that reduce cravings
- Exercise in a way that builds muscle and reduces unwanted fat
- Relax and manage unhealthy stress
- Feel better and do more!
Contact us today to get on the path toward better health.
Watch this short CBS News video about the importance of the right body composition for health. You may be in the ideal weight range and still be at risk for metabolic syndrome.